Labels

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Ever heard of a thing called Google???

I am a tech enthusiast and like to stay on top of "all things tech". So my friends and colleagues usually ask me about technology related questions and tips to help them out. And I really have no issue helping them with their genuine queries. But sometimes i get across some queries that really tick me off (and that also from people who I know are generally tech savvy) and at that time I want to scream at the top of my lungs and say "HAVE YOU HEARD OF A THING CALLED GOOGLE?" But somehow i never really am able to, due to my helpful and facilitative personality. :). But those questions are "really" of the type that even if you just type in the same question in Google you would usually get the solution on the very first page of results!

Questions like:

"Can you tell me email settings for settting up Gmail on my mobile?" I mean, come on!! Just do a search for the terms "Google Mobile Settings" in any search engine and you'll get a very detailed guide in a matter of seconds.

"How can i convert documents to pdf?" Again, just do a search for the term "convert documents pdf" and you'll get the required software usually in the first page of results.

Here, try these out yourselves:


Search for Gmail Mobile Settings

Search for Convert Documents PDF

"How can i stop pestering people for every little tech questions i have even though i know how to use a search engine?" That, I just told you :)

Cheers

Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment